The Agency for the Promotion of European Research (APRE) has announced the names of the first 20 Horizon Europe Young Ambassadors: innovators from across Italy, aged between 16 and 35, engaged in various sectors, from research and voluntary work to EU project management and the development of applications for sustainable living.
The Ambassadors will design and lead communication and community engagement activities, with full creative freedom to experiment with formats and languages in order to bring research and innovation closer to society’s needs and desires. The activities will cover the themes of the 5 Missions identified in the EU Horizon Europe Research and Innovation Programme: Adaptation to climate change; Cancer; 100 Climate-neutral and smart cities; Restore our ocean and waters by 2030; Soil health and food. The appointed Ambassadors are:
- Mission Cancer: Susanna Croci, Municipality of Venegono Superiore; Tommaso Ropelato, AlterThink;
- Mission Adaptation to climate change: Mauro Amoruso, REDINN (Rete Europea Dell’Innovazione); Bianca Barchiesi, GEN C; Brunella Bonetti, Italia che Cambia; Rosa Colacicco, PhD in Geomorphology and Environmental Dynamics; Edoardo de Cal, developer at Fontanelle d’Acqua; Maria Valentina Vanceo, Longarone Fiere Dolomiti – Festival delle Foreste;
- Mission Restore our ocean and waters by 2030: Davide Ascheri, Delfini del Ponente APS; Stefano Bellomo, Project Manager;
- Mission 100 Climate-neutral and smart cities: Damiano Avellino, Fairbnb.coop; Pietro Crovari, On Air – Voce alla scienza; Federico Gangi, Brainery Academy – La scuola è di tutti; Giovanni Giacomino, Consulta Giovanile Alpignano and Europiamo; Antonio Greco, New Wellness Education; Leonardo Maria Ruggeri Masini, LiberaMente; Matteo Spreafico, School Innovation Lab;
- Mission Soil health and food: Martina Altavilla, CRI volunteer; Fabrizio Gallo, Parco Culturale Alta Langa; Giulia Sessa, Natural Science student and socio-environmental activist.
The 20 Horizon Europe Young Ambassadors can be followed on the social media with the hashtag #YOUNGHORIZON.