The two new calls launched by the Innovative Health Initiative, the public-private partnership (PPP) between the European Union and the European life science industries, close on 20 September 2022.
The initiative aims to translate health research and innovation into real benefits for patients and society, and ensure that Europe remains at the cutting edge of interdisciplinary, sustainable and patient-centric health research.
- an innovative decision-support system for improved care pathways for patients with neurodegenerative diseases and comorbidities;
- next generation imaging and image-guided diagnosis and therapy for cancer;
- personalized oncology: innovative people-centred, multi-modal therapies against cancer;
- access and integration of heterogeneous health data for improved health care in diseases areas of high unmet public health need.
The second call, (two stage call), with a budget of around 22 million euro, focuses on the following areas:
- cardiovascular disease – improved prediction, prevention, diagnosis and monitoring;
- setting a harmonized methodology to promote uptake of early feasibility studies for clinical and innovation excellence in the European Union.